This fabulous illustration by my good friend Kathy Garcia graces the pages of my Tomorrow magazine piece “The End of Male.” I report on the mounting body of scientific evidence connecting birth defects and declining fertility among males to a proliferation of chemicals from plastics and cosmetics in the environment. Many researchers believe these chemicals, called endocrine disruptors, could have a feminizing effect on male bodies—and possibly male brains and behavior—while they’re still in the womb.
It’s heavy shit. To lighten it up, I also get a fertility test of my own and make Ru Paul jokes.
- amandahess likes this
- bittenbyahoneyb reblogged this from tomorrowmag
- eythink likes this
- buryyourselfinwords likes this
- bradleywarshauer likes this
- unequal-design likes this
- catsolen likes this
- butterytoast likes this
- cathshestands reblogged this from tomorrowmag
- tomorrowmag reblogged this from originalwhip
- originalwhip posted this